I am available as a full-stack web developer or hybrid mobile applications developer. I work remotely from Whangarei, New Zealand.
- Maintaining and developing a suite of web applications using ASP.NET MVC and knockout.js, with a SQL Server backend, hosted on Microsoft Azure (initially in team of two, then solo).
www.iugo.co.nz, www.essentialresources.co.nz and www.fyndit.co.nz
- Building and maintaining developing a web application using node.js, express.js, and knockout.js, with a postgreSQL backend, hosted on AWS.
- Web applications build on top of WordPress and WooCommerce, with custom plugins and themes.
Crafty Social Buttons Plugin and sigchinz.acm.org
My primary responsibility was to develop and teach courses in Information Systems using the latest Microsoft development technologies and industry best practices.
Topics I taught include web development using HTML, CSS and ASP.NET MVC and Silverlight, programming in C# and VB.NET, desktop applications development using WPF, WinForms, database design using SQL Server and Oracle, and systems analysis using UML.
I achieved consistently high student evaluations with a career average of 8.8/10 and most recent evaluation 9.8. In 2010 I received a Teaching Excellence Award from the University of Auckland Business School.
I trained, managed and supervised tutors and markers as well as supervising summer project students and postgraduate dissertation students.
I managed and administered 12 web and database servers used by 10 courses and thousands of students, running both Apache and IIS, and including SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010 installations.
I have also modified and maintained a variety of systems written by others, including websites in ASP, ASP.NET and PHP, applications in WinForms and WPF and WCF web services.
I developed several software tools and websites to support student administration and marking:
- Website AutoMarker (originally PHP & mySQL, later ASP.NET MVC3 & SQL Server)
- Rubric Marking System (Windows Forms, VB.NET & SQL Server)
- Shared drive permissions manager (originally VB6, then WinForms & VB.NET, then WPF & C#)
- Software Download website (ASP.NET MVC, C# & SQL Server)
- HTML22 years
- CSS19 years
- ASP.NET16 years
- ASP.NET MVC9 years
- PHP18 years
- jQuery9 years
- mySQL18 years
- Oracle16 years
- Structured Query Language20 years
- Microsoft SQL Server15 years
- noSQL (MongoDB, CouchDB)5 years
- PostgresQL4 years
- UML19 years
- Data Flow Diagrams20 years
- Event-driven Process Chains (ARIS)8 years
- Windows Forms Programming18 years
- C#18 years
- VB.NET18 years
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)12 years
- Entity Framework10 years
- Windows Communication Foundation11 years
Two year program covering best practices of university learning and teaching
Dissertation: “How Do People Manage Their Documents? An empirical investigation into personal digital document management practices among knowledge workers”
Honours Dissertation: “The Design and Implementation of a Flexible, Component-based Decision Support System Generator” (First Class Honours). Coursework included object oriented analysis and design, information security and decision support systems.
Majors: Information Systems, Computer Science, Minor: Statistics.
Coursework included applications development, software engineering, systems analysis and design, information visualisation, databases and data warehousing and distributed systems design.