I am available as a web developer or mobile applications developer. Lately, I’ve been specialising in web applications using the MEAN stack and HTML5 hybrid apps. I work remotely from Hyderabad, India.
- Web application using ASP.NET MVC Web API and jQuery and knockout.js, with a SQL Server backend, hosted on Microsoft Azure (in team of two).
- Web applications using MEAN stack: Mongo DB, Express web server, AngularJS front end and node.js backend.
- Hybrid mobile applications using Phonegap/Cordova, including using jQuery Mobile, Kendo Mobile and Ionic frameworks.
- Web applications build on top of WordPress and WooCommerce, with custom plugins and themes.
My primary responsibility was to develop and teach courses in Information Systems using the latest Microsoft development technologies and industry best practices.
Topics I taught include web development using HTML, CSS and ASP.NET MVC and Silverlight, programming in C# and VB.NET, desktop applications development using WPF, WinForms, database design using SQL Server and Oracle, and systems analysis using UML.
I achieved consistently high student evaluations with a career average of 8.8/10 and most recent evaluation 9.8. In 2010 I received a Teaching Excellence Award from the University of Auckland Business School.
I trained, managed and supervised tutors and markers as well as supervising summer project students and postgraduate dissertation students.
I managed and administered 12 web and database servers used by 10 courses and thousands of students, running both Apache and IIS, and including SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010 installations.
I have also modified and maintained a variety of systems written by others, including websites in ASP, ASP.NET and PHP, applications in WinForms and WPF and WCF web services.
I developed several software tools and websites to support student administration and marking:
- Website AutoMarker (originally PHP & mySQL, later ASP.NET MVC3 & SQL Server)
- Rubric Marking System (Windows Forms, VB.NET & SQL Server)
- Shared drive permissions manager (originally VB6, then WinForms & VB.NET, then WPF & C#)
- Software Download website (ASP.NET MVC, C# & SQL Server)
- HTML20 years
- CSS17 years
- ASP.NET14 years
- ASP.NET MVC7 years
- PHP16 years
- jQuery7 years
- mySQL16 years
- Oracle14 years
- Structured Query Language18 years
- Microsoft SQL Server13 years
- noSQL (MongoDB, CouchDB)3 years
- UML17 years
- Data Flow Diagrams18 years
- Event-driven Process Chains (ARIS)6 years
- Windows Forms Programming16 years
- C#16 years
- VB.NET16 years
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)10 years
- Entity Framework8 years
- Windows Communication Foundation9 years
Two year program covering best practices of university learning and teaching
Dissertation: “How Do People Manage Their Documents? An empirical investigation into personal digital document management practices among knowledge workers”
Honours Dissertation: “The Design and Implementation of a Flexible, Component-based Decision Support System Generator” (First Class Honours). Coursework included object oriented analysis and design, information security and decision support systems.
Majors: Information Systems, Computer Science, Minor: Statistics.
Coursework included applications development, software engineering, systems analysis and design, information visualisation, databases and data warehousing and distributed systems design.